Sunday, November 26, 2023

a week of cake

I swore off cake and ice cream when I joined a weight loss program with real money involved. They insist there's no bad food, just moderation, but for the psychologists they claim to be, they don't recognize obsessive compulsive food addictions replacing a lifetime of other addictions. I cannot say yes to either cake or ice cream in moderation the same way an alcoholic cannot say yes to a casual drink once in awhile. 

They also don't recognize the difference between stress and 

STRESS.

So here's my stress list reaching back over the last 3 months and still ongoing.
  • Cervical facet arthritis flare.
  • Trapezius fibro flare.
  • Ragweed/grasses allergy season extended because I wound up in Texas.
  • Son in law dx'd and fast tracked surgeries for genetic endocrine cancers.
  • His mother same cancers metastasized stage 4.
  • His 2 autistic kids and housekeeping under my care while my daughter supports/survives all this right after her own third emergency surgey.
  • My own cancer testing on hold through this.
  • Being away from my husband, also with cancer, through all this.
  • Trading houses for 2 big holidays with completely different routines.
I may not be able to correct that extreme indentation on mobile.

Also notate my food allergies, so holiday eating isn't as pleasant as it could be, especially during a big scary surgery going on.

So I made a cake. And ate half of it.

I craved alcohol (30+ years sober), so if my weight loss app can't celebrate my victory with me, that's their food neurosis. I did fine with no cake at all for nearly 6 months.

Happy holidays. Everyone struggling, I feel ya.


No comments:

Post a Comment

a week of cake

I swore off cake and ice cream when I joined a weight loss program with real money involved. They insist there's no bad food, just moder...